Published : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 | 5:12 PM
That’s because the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will close lanes, on/off ramps and connectors on the Foothill Freeway as part of a pavement rehabilitation project.
Caltrans said residents and local businesses in Pasadena, La Cañada Flintridge and La Crescenta near the freeway may experience noise, vibrations and dust associated with construction activities. Water trucks will be used to minimize dust during working hours, and equipment movement will be limited to reduce noise from back-up alarms.
In addition, there will be a long term overnight closure: The East to East I-210 connector at State Route 134 will be closed during the week, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday, and 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday, through summer 2018, Caltrans said.
Work on the 210 is part of a $148.5 million pavement rehabilitation project for a 9.7 mile section from the La Crescenta-Montrose area of Los Angeles County to Pasadena. The project started in spring 2015, and is scheduled for completion in summer 2018.
The closures related to the I-210 pavement rehabilitation project for this week, beginning Tuesday, May 29 through Friday, June 1:
Eastbound I-210 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
• Up to four lanes from Lowell Avenue to Mountain Street, up to three lanes from SR-134/Interstate 710 (Long Beach Freeway) connector to Lake Avenue
• Lowell Avenue, La Crescenta Avenue, Foothill Boulevard, and Marengo Avenue on-ramps
• Gould Avenue and Colorado Boulevard off-ramps
• Pennsylvania Avenue, Berkshire Place, Ocean View Boulevard, Angeles Crest Highway, Mountain Street (on-ramp long-term since April 16), Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Boulevard/Windsor Avenue and Lincoln
• Avenue/Howard Street on and off-ramps
• Connectors: southbound State Route 2 (Glendale Freeway), westbound SR-134 (Ventura Freeway)
Westbound I-210 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
• Up to four lanes from Walnut Street to Lowell Avenue, up to three lanes from Lake Avenue to SR-134/I-710 connector
• Gould Avenue and Walnut Street on-ramps
• Lowell Avenue (no Friday night closure), La Crescenta Avenue, Foothill Boulevard and Marengo Avenue. off-ramps
• Fair Oaks Avenue, Mountain Street, Lincoln Avenue/Howard Street, Arroyo Boulevard./Windsor Avenue, Berkshire Place, Angeles Crest Highway, Ocean View Boulevard, and Pennsylvania Avenue on and off-ramps
• Connectors: southbound SR-2, southbound I-710
• 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. – Verdugo (7 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday) and Foothill Boulevard off-ramps
• 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. – SR-2 connector to eastbound I-210 (7 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday)
• 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. – SR-2 connector to westbound I-210 (11 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday)
• 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Up to two lanes closed on SR-2 connector to westbound I-210
• 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. – Verdugo and Foothill Boulevard. (7 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday) on-ramps
• 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. – Up to three lanes from San Rafael to I-210 Freeway
• 10 p.m. to 6.a.m – Orange Grove Boulevard on-ramp
• 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. – SR-134 connector to westbound I-210
• 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. – SR-134 connector to southbound I-710
• 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. – Del Mar Boulevard on-ramp
• 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. – California Boulevard on-ramp
• 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. – Westbound 134 and eastbound I-210 connectors
• 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. ¬– Del Mar Boulevard off-ramp
The following on/off-ramps may be closed during daytime hours Tuesday-Saturday
• 1 p.m. to 6 a.m. – La Crescenta Avenue on-ramp
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Ocean View Avenue, Arroyo Boulevard/Windsor Avenue on-ramps
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Gould Avenue, Pennsylvania off-ramp
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Angeles Crest Highway on and off-ramps.
• 1 p.m. to 12 p.m. – La Crescenta Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue off-ramp
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Walnut Avenue on-ramp.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Angeles Crest Highway, Arroyo Boulevard/Windsor Avenue on and off-ramps.