Published : Saturday, May 5, 2018 | 8:12 AM
Come celebrate and be part of the 3rd Annual Masters of Taste, L.A.’s premier outdoor, luxury food and beverage festival that will take place on Sunday, May 6 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on the field of the Historic Pasadena Rose Bowl.
Masters of Taste 2018 will bring over 2,500 food and beverage enthusiasts together from all over Greater Los Angeles for one afternoon to celebrate this exhilarating festival, which will include the finest fare from over 40 Culinary Masters and restaurants, delectable sweets prepared by L.A.’s top Sweet Masters, top Beverage Masters who will be featuring signature handcrafted cocktail tastings from 25 spirit brands and bars, a premier 50 yard-line cocktail bar featuring top Mixologists from four of L.A.’s most distinguished drinking destinations, select wineries, local craft breweries, cold-pressed juices cold brew coffee, live entertainment and much, much more.
100% of the proceeds from Masters of Taste 2018 will directly benefit Union Station Homeless Services, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to helping homeless men, women and children rebuild their lives. Union Station is part of a premier group of human services agencies in Los Angeles County that are leading the way to end homelessness in our community and offers an array of services including street outreach, meals, shelter, housing, case management and career development. In the last two years Masters of Taste has raised nearly $1 Million in support of Union Station’s life-saving programs
Some of this year’s Masters of Taste 2018 participating Culinary Masters and Restaurants include:
- Ayara L?k Chef Vanda Asapahu (Westchester)
- Bacchus Kitchen & Eatery and Claude & Co. Chef Claud Beltran (Pasadena)
- Bistro Mon Cheri Chef Kimmy Tang (Pasadena)
- Bone Kettle and Komodo Chef Erwin Tjahyadi (Pasadena and Los Angeles)
- Bourbon Steak Chef Kyle Johnson (Glendale)
- Celestino Ristorante Chef Calogero Drago (Pasadena)
- CHAYA Chef Joji Inoue (Downtown Los Angeles and Venice)
- Church & State and Spring Chef Tony Esnault (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Garlic & Chives Chef Kristin Nguyen (Garden Grove)
- Gus’s Barbecue Chef Mike Stern (South Pasadena)
- Kato Chef Jonathan Yao (Los Angeles)
- Lost at Sea Chef Tim Carey (Pasadena)
- Lunasia Dim Sum House Chef Lee Hau Fu (Pasadena and Alhambra)
- M Café Chef Atsushi Kenjo (Melrose and Beverly Hills)
- Mercado, Mercado Taqueria, Maradentro, Yxta Cocina Mexicana Chef Jose Acevedo (Santa Monica, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Brentwood, Studio City, Downtown Los Angeles)
- Momed Chef Alex Sarkissian (Beverly Hills and Atwater Village)
- Nerano Chef Michele Lisi (Beverly Hills)
- Ramen Tatsunoya (Pasadena)
- Redbird Chef Neal Fraser (Downtown Los Angeles)
- SOL Cocina Chef Deborah Schneider (Newport Beach and Playa Vista)
- The Bellwether Chef Ted Hopson (Studio City)
- The FLATS Chef Paul Shoemaker (Beverly Hills)
- The Raymond 1886 Chef Tim Guiltinan (Pasadena)
- Twohey’s Tavern Chef Travis Limoge (Pasadena)
- Wax Paper Chef Peter Lemos (Frogtown)
- Welltopia Chef Lulu Cai (Hollywood)
- Wolfgang Puck Catering (Los Angeles)
- World Empanadas Chef Matthew Hirtz (Burbank)
- XO Chef Michael Hung (Mid-town Los Angeles)
Sweet Masters: A select group of Los Angeles Top Sweet Masters will showcase an assortment of delectable desserts such as the deliciously scrumptious scratch baked custom cakes from Butter Cake Shoppe, Crème Caramel, traditional and wildly creative gelato flavors from Fatamorgana Gelato, homemade premium sorbets from Helados Pops, Chocolatier to the Stars Mignon Chocolate, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Porto’s Bakery, Zooies Cookies and much more.
Some of this year’s participating Beverage Masters include:
Brewmasters: Beverage Masters who specialize in barley and hops will be presenting top-notch ales, lagers, pilsners and more for guests to sample, sip and savor all throughout the event, including Southern California favorites Indie Brewing Company, Iron triangle Brewing, Lincoln Beer Company, MacLeod Ale Brewing Co., San Fernando Brewing Co., State Brewing Co. and more.
Wineries: A specially curated collection of Wine Masters will be showcasing their finest varietals including premium boutique winery Ascension Cellars, Cosentino Winery, Foris Winery & Vineyards, Hitching Post Winery, Y3 by Jax Vineyards, Kieu Hoang Winery, Lorimar Vineyard and Winery, Anderson Valley’s Navarro Vineyards and Wrath Wines to name a few.
Bars & Spirits: Some of L.A.’s top bartenders and cocktail bars will be creating first-rate craft cocktails, including Peter Lloyd-Jones of 1886, Devon Espinosa of Sunset & Vinyl, Colin Pflugradt of SOL Cocina, and Pasadena’s Magnolia House. Top brands showcasing their finest spirits will also include American Born Moonshine, Dulce Vida Tequila, Woodford Reserve and ZYR Russian Vodka and many more.
Non-Alcoholic Beverages: A variety of premium non-alcoholic Beverage Masters will also be on hand for those who wish to hydrate, caffeinate or regenerate, such as Bai, Boxed Water, Califia Farms Juices and Cold Brew Coffees, Dry Sparkling, Groundwork Coffee, Immordl energy elixirs, cold-pressed juices from Nekter Juice Bar and Zico Coconut Water and more.
More Culinary Masters, Sweet Masters and Beverage Masters to be announced.
Sponsors: Masters of Taste 2018 is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors, which include HomeStreet Bank, Judith L Chiara Foundation, Western Asset Management, Woodford Reserve, Kaiser Permanente, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Kauffman Wealth Management and Zonin USA.
Ticket Information: Masters of Taste 2018 will take place on Sunday, May 6th, 2018. A VIP Power Hour will be held from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm and General Admission will be from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tickets to this event are only available for guests 21+ and over. Masters of Taste 2018 Early Bird Tickets will be available for purchase until Thursday, March 1st, 2018. For more information on Masters of Taste 2018 or to book your tickets directly, please visit www.MastersofTasteLA.com/Tickets.
Location: Pasadena Rose Bowl – 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena.
Transportation and Parking: Guests are encouraged to utilize car services – Lyft, Uber, Taxi, etc. – since this event does serve alcoholic beverages. Complimentary parking will also be available at the event