Published : Monday, June 10, 2019 | 11:24 AM
On Wednesday, June 12 from 2:30pm -4:00pm ET, Members of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC) will hold a forum to discuss issues related to North Korea that impact the Korean American Community. The forum will be led by CAPAC Chair Judy Chu (CA-27), and CAPAC Second Vice Chair Mark Takano (CA-41) and feature witness testimony on the continued impact of the division of Korean families, ongoing humanitarian issues, and a general discussion of the implications of security issues related to North Korea and American involvement in the Pacific. Following witness testimony, CAPAC members will pose questions for discussion to the witnesses and give remarks.
• Frank Aum, Senior Expert on North Korea, U.S. Institute of Peace (security issues)
• Dr. KJ Seung, Senior Health and Policy Advisor for Tuberculosis, Partners in Health (humanitarian aid)
• Chahee Stanfield, Executive Director, Divided Families USA (divided families)
• Mrs. Soon Bok Kim (divided family member); Paul Kyumin Lee (the President of Divided Families USA) will serve as her interpreter
• Rep. Judy Chu (CA-27)
• Rep. Grace Meng (NY-06)
• Rep. Mark Takano (CA-41)
• Rep. Andy Kim (NJ-03)
• Rep. Pramila Jayapal (WA-07)
• Rep. Al Green (TX-09)
• Rep. Ro Khanna (CA-17)
• Additional CAPAC Members
Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC) Forum will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm ET at 2325 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington DC.