Case Dismissed Against Two Pasadena Men for Shooting a Las Vegas Woman at March Gathering

Published : Friday, June 8, 2018 | 5:35 AM

Shooting Video

This video was shot by a person who passed by the scene shortly after the shooting.

 

The attempted murder charges against two Pasadena men for shooting a Las Vegas woman who was at a gathering on North Los Robles Avenue in March were dropped Thursday by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

A spokesman for District Attorney’s Office told City News Service the prosecution announced it was unable to proceed.

The location of the March 3, 2018 shooting.

The local men, Khy Charles, 22, and Davian Thomas, 23, were arrested March 23 and charges of attempted murder with gun allegations were filed by prosecutors on March 27. With bail set at $2,040,000 each, the pair had remained incarcerated since then.

The shooting incident occurred on Saturday, March 3 at approximately 9:53 p.m., when Pasadena police were summoned to the 1200 block of North Los Robles Avenue regarding calls of multiple shots fired.

When officers arrived, they found a 39-year-old Las Vegas woman suffering from a single gunshot wound. Officers also found at least one bullet hole in a nearby residence.

Paramedics transported the victim to a local area hospital in serious condition.

The investigation by homicide and assault detectives culminated in the serving of multiple search warrants in the area, as well as the identification and arrest of both suspects, police said at the time.

After the case was dismissed, Charles was released from custody Thursday afternoon, CNS reported. Thomas remains in custody on a hold from the California Department of Corrections, according to jail records.

blog comments powered by Disqus