“Getting Specific” workshops bring Our Pasadena to each neighborhood
Published : Monday, April 30, 2018 | 6:49 PM
Starting this month, the City of Pasadena will host a series of community workshops as part of “Our Pasadena – Putting the Plan in Motion,” the citywide program to implement Pasadena’s General Plan.
The theme of the workshops is “Getting Specific,” with a focus on individual Specific Plan Areas—the workshops will be tailored to each Specific Plan, providing opportunities for community members to share ideas for each area.
“These community workshops are at the heart of what “Our Pasadena” is all about—creating Specific Plans that reflect the unique qualities of our distinct neighborhoods,” said David Reyes, Director of Planning and Community Development.
The City encourages residents, business owners and community members of all ages to attend a workshop in their neighborhood and share their ideas to help shape the future of the areas that are most important to them, where they live, work and play.
The “Getting Specific” workshop series begins on May 17 in East Pasadena and runs through the summer in the following neighborhoods:
1. East Pasadena: Thursday, May 17th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Armenian General Benevolent Union
2. South Fair Oaks: Thursday, May 24th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Los Angeles College of Music
3. Lincoln Avenue: Thursday, June 14th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church
4. North Lake: Thursday, June 21st from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Lake Avenue Church
5. Central District: Tuesday, June 26th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Holly Street Senior Center
6. Fair Oaks/Orange Grove: Thursday, July 12th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Fair Oaks Renaissance Plaza
7. East Colorado: Tuesday, July 17th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Pasadena City College
8. Lamanda Park: Thursday, July 26th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Pasadena Christian Church
For more details about the program and a full workshop schedule, visit the “Our Pasadena” project website, www.ourpasadena.org.