Electrical Fire in Two-Unit Bungalow Displaces 7 Residents, 2 Pets

Published : Sunday, September 15, 2019 | 6:37 AM

Photos courtesy of the Pasadena Fire Dept.

A stubborn electrical fire that crept into the attic of a two-unit bungalow on Sunset Avenue just south of Yale Street Saturday afternoon displaced seven residents and two pets.

A Pasadena City official said firefighters responding about 4:18 p.m. to the single-story units initially found light smoke coming from the eaves of a bungalow to the rear of the property.

The knockdown came at minute 34 of the incident. There were no injuries.

Firefighters worked in 95-degree heat to extinguish the fire.

Both the American Red Cross and the Pasadena Humane Society responded to the scene to assist the residents and their animals.

An initial damage estimate reported from the scene indicated about $50,000 in structural damage and about $20,000 damage to belongings inside the bungalow occurred during the incident.

blog comments powered by Disqus