The National Weather Service also issued an unusual “extreme red flag warning” for Southern California through Thursday
Published : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 | 5:44 AM
Pasadena fire officials are on alert today as the region hunkers down for what could be a day of high winds and extremely low humidity, creating extreme “fire weather” conditions.
Pasadena Fire Chief Bertral Washington called for this month’s third Red Flag Warning with enforced parking restrictions, effective Wednesday morning at 7 a.m.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are expected. This in combination with dry fuels could create extreme fire danger and/or fire behavior.
In order to allow for improved Fire Department access and resident evacuation, parking is restricted on posted narrow and/or winding roads within Pasadena’s urban-wildland interface areas.
Extra fire patrols have been added to Pasadena’s Foothill areas.
City spokesperson Lisa Derderian reminded residents to always be prepared for fire hazards.
“We have no winds at the moment, but due to the very dry humidity and all the fires happening in the areas around us we’re closely monitoring the situation and assisting with the other fires,” Derderian said earlier.
Red Flag warning sign locations include:
1. Northbound Altadena Dr. Near Veranda Ave.
2. NE Corner Of New York Dr. And Sierra Madre Villa Ave.
3. Northbound Hastings Ranch Dr. South Of Denair St.
(Near Don Benito School Field)
4. Northbound Michillinda Ave. North Of Valley View Ave.
5. Northbound Arroyo Blvd. South Of San Rafael Ave.
6. Northbound Avenue 64 South Of Burleigh Dr.
7. Eastbound La Loma Road West Of Sycamore Glen.
8. Southbound Avenue 64 At Glenover Dr.
9. Northbound Patrician Way Near West City Limit
10. Northbound San Rafael Road North Of 134 Freeway
11. Northbound Linda Vista Ave. Near Colorado Bridge Overpass
12. Westbound California Blvd. West Of Grand Ave.
13. NE Corner Of Forest Ave. And Lincoln Ave.
14. Westbound Washington Blvd. West Of Lincoln Ave.
15. Northbound & Southbound Linda Vista Ave. In Front Of Fire Station 38
( 2 Signs At This Location)
16. Eastbound Lida St. West Of Arts Center Entrance
17. Southbound Arroyo Blvd. South Of Rosemont Ave.
18. Southbound Linda Vista Ave. Near North City Limit
Streets where parking is restricted on Red Flag days are posted with appropriate “No Parking” signs. If signs are not posted, that street is not affected, the Fire Department said.
To review the notification choices and methods for the Pasadena Local Emergency Alert System, click the “Self-Registration” link at www.cityofpasadena.net/Fire/
Additional information, including the complete list of streets with restricted parking, may be found by clicking here.