Preliminary Hearing Continued for Pasadena Man Accused of Assaulting Five Women

Published : Thursday, January 24, 2019 | 7:32 PM

Anthony Miller. Photo courtesy Pasadena Police Department

The Los Angeles County Superior Court in Pasadena has reset the preliminary hearing for the sexual assault-related charges against Pasadena resident Anthony Joseph Miller, 52, who has been charged with sexually assaulting five women, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said.

The preliminary hearing had been Wednesday, January 23, but will instead be held on February 20, the District Attorney’s media office said in a statement.

Miller was arrested on September 27, 2018 by Pasadena police officers after they obtained an arrest warrant resulting from the investigation of three separate sexual assault incidents reported to the police between August and September 2018 in Pasadena.

An alleged earlier assault on one other victim reportedly occurred in 2011, prosecutors said.

Miller now faces five counts of forcible rape, two counts each of forcible oral copulation, sodomy by use of force and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime, and one count each of sexual battery by restraint and false imprisonment by violence.

Miller pleaded not guilty to the charges on October 1, 2018.

If convicted as charged, Miller faces more than 270 years in state prison. He remains in custody, with bail set at more than $10 million.

 

 

 

 

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus