South Pasadena Prepares for Memorial to 5-Year-Old Boy

Published : Monday, July 17, 2017 | 5:28 AM

Funeral services for five-year-old Aramazd “Piqui” Andressian, Jr., whose remains were found June 30 in the Lake Cachuma area, more than a month after he was reported missing, will be held Tuesday at the Holy Family Church in South Pasadena, an announcement from the South Pasadena Police Department said.

The services will start at 5 p.m. The Church is located on a major traffic artery, Fremont Avenue, and police said the public will encounter area roadblocks and detours throughout late Tuesday afternoon and early evening.

The boy’s disappearance was first reported on April 22 by her mother, Ana Estevez, when her ex-husband and the boy’s father, Aramazd Andressian Sr., failed to exchange custody of their son.

That day, police found the elder Andressian unresponsive in the Arroyo Seco Park, with the boy missing from his custody. A comprehensive search of the park was immediately launched involving 125 regional police officers and search and rescue personnel in an attempt to locate Aramazd Andressian Jr.

The missing person case was referred to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for assistance.

On June 10, a coordinated search effort consisting of 231 regional police officers was conducted in the Lake Cachuma area.

On June 23, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office filed a case against Andressian Sr. as a suspect in the boy’s disappearance; later that day, the suspect was arrested in Las Vegas.

On Friday, June 30, Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department investigators located remains believed to be Aramazd Andressian Jr. in the Lake Cachuma area.

The LASD Homicide Bureau said the killing was “pre-planned” and took place between the time Andressian and his son left Disneyland on April 21 and the time the father was discovered at the South Pasadena park.

Investigators allege that Andressian Sr. planned his son’s murder to get back at his estranged wife for a “tumultuous” divorce and then tried to commit suicide but decided instead to prepare to flee the country.

Andressian Sr. has pleaded not guilty to murdering his son and remains jailed in lieu of $10 million bail. His next court appearance is on August 16.

Prosecutors said he could face up to 25 years to life in state prison if convicted.

blog comments powered by Disqus