40 Pasadena eateries celebrate the invention of the cheeseburger in Pasadena with delicious offerings, specials and more
Published : Saturday, January 6, 2018 | 6:09 AM
As Pasadena celebrates the invention of the cheeseburger in the city in 1924, 40 restaurants, burger joints and more take part in the citywide celebration.
Several participants in the 2018 Cheeseburger Week celebration and Cheeseburger Challenge are offering special meals and deals.
Those offering special meals include:
- El Portal Restaurant and Yahaira’s Cafe offering the Zacatecas Burger: Ground beef, ground pork and chorizo with special flavorings in a telera roll with tomato cheese, ham and secret chipotle sauce. Comes with fries;
- Pie ‘n Burger has a special Cheeseburger Week deal, burger, fries and a soft drink for $13.
- Du-par’s offers the Original Patty Melt (invented by Tiny Nayor in 1932) with a side of choice, a slice of Key Lime Pie and a soft drink (for $16);
- Dog Haus and Dog Haus Biergarten offer the Hangover Burger: white American cheese, smoked bacon, haus chili, fried egg, mayo (for $5);
- White Horse Lounge has the special Apple Pie Bacon Cheeseburger: 1/2 lb. chuck brisket patty with aged cheddar cheese, applewood smoked bacon, apple cinnamon chutney (apple pie filling), red onion jalapeno marmalade on a toasted sweet bun.
- On Thursday, Whole Foods Market’s 110 and Bellevue offers a burger and a brew for $13
- Edwin Mills by Equator has the special Edwin Burger: cheese burger with BBQ sauce, onion rings, fried egg, tomato, & greens.
- Kings Row Gastropub has the “backyard burger”: Single patty of house ground creek stone farms Angus beef, with American cheese, ketchup, mayonnaise, pickles, and onion + sesame brioche for $6 – this is a la carte and does not come with fries or salad. They also offer their newest burger, the “Cluck Norris”: House ground Mary’s chicken + American cheese + special sauce + pickles + lettuce + onion + sesame brioche, also a la carte for $6
- The Stand gives $3 off any burger after 3pm.
- Tap and Kitchen offers the Tap & Kitchen burger – the Guadalajara Burger Loganiza and Ground chuck on Tellera bread, Pico de Gallo salsa and melted Oaxaca cheese, chipotle adobo spread , pickled cabbage – paired with a beer from the tap;
- the bluRoom at the dusitD2 Hotel Constance specially prepared burger of Ground beef and pork patty with tarragon and shallots on sour dough bread , Form de Ambert Blue and arugula greens , caramelized onion jam – paired with a signature Bourbon Manhattan;
- Bacchus’ Kitchen has their specially created Bacchus Burger with ground lamb with mint and garlic on ciabatta bread, pan seared Haloumi cheese , Cabernet reduction mustard , parsley red onion salad – paired with a killer Nero de avola.
For a full list of participants and more specials visit www.pasadenarestaurantweek.com and click on the Restaurants and Menus tab.
During Cheeseburger Week from January 7th to January 12th, 2018, Pasadena honors Lionel Sternberger’s genius in being the first to put cheese to hamburger and serve it at the Rite Spot in Pasadena in 1924.
The Pasadena Chamber of Commerce hosts the fifth Cheeseburger Week and Cheeseburger Challenge January 7th to 12th, 2018. Once again, you’ll be able to vote for your favorites in a number of categories, from traditional lunch counter burgers to white table cloth and gourmet cheeseburgers. We’ll also have an alternative cheeseburger category or two, as well.
Plan to come to Pasadena for a Cheeseburger Crawl, take the Cheeseburger Challenge and celebrate Lionel Sternberger’s culinary legacy in the city where the cheeseburger was first served.
Here are our participants for the 2018 Cheeseburger Week in Pasadena:
- Bacchus’ Kitchen
- bluRoom at the DusitD2 Hotel Constance Pasadena
- Cameron’s Seafood
- Central Park Restaurant
- Clearman’s Galley
- The Counter
- Del Frisco’s Grille
- Dog Haus (Hill Street location)
- Dog Haus Biergarten
- Edwin Mills by Equator
- El Portal Restaurant
- Gale’s (lunch only)
- Green Street Restaurant
- Kathleen’s Restaurant
- Kings Row Gastropub
- Lucky Baldwin’s Delirium Pub and Cafe
- Lucky Baldwin’s Pub
- Lucky Baldwin’s Trappiste Pub and Cafe
- Mi Piace
- Pie ‘n Burger
- Plate 38
- POP Champagne and Dessert Bar
- Robin’s Wood Fire BBQ
- Rounds Premium Burgers
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Happy Hour menu
- Slater’s 50/50
- The Stand
- Sushi Roku
- Tap and Kitchen
- Taproom at the Langham
- The Terrace at the Langham
- True Food Kitchen
- Twohey’s Tavern
- Umami Burger
- Vertical Wine Bistro
- White Horse Lounge
- Whole Foods Market – Arroyo
- Women’s City Club-Thursday Mixer only
- Yahaira’s Cafe
For address, menu and special offer information visit www.pasadenarestaurantweek.com.
Voting in the 2018 Cheeseburger Challenge opens January 7, 2018, and ends January 14, 2018.
Cheeseburger Week is a Pasadena Restaurant Week and California Restaurant Month event presented by the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce.