Theft, Burglary, Drugs, and Alcohol marks the first week of June
Published : Thursday, June 13, 2013 | 11:28 AM
The South Pasadena Police Department’s Crime Prevention Unit presented the weekly crime summary, a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in South Pasadena, from June 5 to 11.
June 11, 12 p.m. to 12:35 p.m., 1200 block of Kolle. ’05, Workhouse van.
ATTEMPTED RESIDENTIAL BURGLARY
May 31, 8:30 a.m. to June 9, 2:32 a.m., 300 block of Camino Verde. Suspect(s) smashed the glass sliding door, but it is unknown if the suspect(s) entered the residence. Loss: None.
June 9, 12 p.m., 1200 block of Fair Oaks (Pavilions).
POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
June 5, 3:38 a.m., 100 block of Pasadena (Nature Park). The officer saw the suspect inside the park after hours and was contacted. Suspect was found to be in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Suspect arrested: female, White, 38 years old, from Los Angeles.
UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
June 9, 2:44 a.m., 1000 block of Mission. The officer saw the suspect acting suspiciously around a closed business. The officer contacted the suspect who was found to be under the influence of a controlled substance. Arrested: male, Black, 20 years old, from South Pasadena.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
June 5, 1:37 a.m., 400 block of Fair Oaks. The suspects were passengers in a taxi cab and the taxi cab driver flagged down the officer. The suspects were yelling and cursing at the driver so the driver made the suspects exit the taxi cab. The suspects yelled at each other and both were found to be intoxicated and unable to care for themselves. Suspects arrested: Suspect 1 – Female, Hispanic, 35 years old, from Pasadena. Suspect 2 – Male, White, 30 years old, from Bell.
• June 5, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., 900 block of Fair Oaks. The suspect(s) took loss from newspaper rack. Loss: Newspapers.
• June 5, 12:20 p.m. to 12:50 p.m., 1400 block of Fremont (South Pasadena High School). The witness saw the suspect enter the girls’ locker room and took unattended loss. School officials later discovered some of the victim’s property in the suspect’s backpack. Suspect arrested: Female, Juvenile.
• May 25, 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., 1500 block of Maple. Suspect(s) took loss from victim’s front porch. Loss: Parcel package and potted plants.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD/CHECK FRAUD
• 2009 to 2013, 2000 block of Fremont. The suspect(s) used the victim’s personal information to open a credit card account.
• May 31 to June 3, 1400 block of Oak. The suspect(s) gained access to the victim’s debit card number and made several unauthorized purchases.
• Jan. to Dec. 2011, 1800 block of State. The suspect(s) used the victim’s social security number to file taxes.
June 5, 11 a.m., 600 block of Monterey. The witness returned home and discovered the suspect outside on the property of victim’s residence. The suspect claimed to be sent by the victim to appraise the house. The suspect took measurements of the house and left. The witness later discovered that the victim did not request for appraisal service. Suspect description: Female, White, 50 years old, black hair, brown eyes.
• June 11, 11:53 p.m., 1200 block of Huntington. The victim was driving on the street and saw suspects hiding behind a tree. As the victim drove by, the suspects threw light bulbs at the victim’s vehicle and then ran away. Suspects description: Suspect 1 – Male, White, 15 years, wearing black shorts and black shirt. Suspect 2 – Male, White, wearing dark pants and a gray shirt with a large, white square logo on the lower back of the shirt. Suspect 3 – Unknown.
• June 11, 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., 1000 block of Fair Oaks. The suspect(s) scratched the victim’s vehicle.