Published : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 | 7:10 PM
The Blair community has adopted a dress code compliant with the Pasadena Unified School District guidelines (AR 5132 (a)-(f)). Parents are encouraged to engage in conversations with their children about the importance of coming to school with the appropriate school dress.
Specific Minimum Dress and Grooming Standards for Grades 6-12
1. Shoes must be worn.
2. Undergarments must be worn at all times.
3. Clothing must cover all undergarments.
4. Clothing must completely cover the midriff area.
5. Tops and dresses must all have sleeves or straps.
6. Bathing suits may only be worn during approved P.E. activities.
7. Clothing, jewelry, and personal items (backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles, etc.) shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane, or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol, or tobacco company advertising, promotions and likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic, or religious prejudice.
8. Clothing or grooming that is obscene or defamatory, or that so incites students to create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts on school premises, or the violation of school regulations, or the substantial disruption of the orderly operation of the school is not permitted.
9. Jewelry which creates a health or safety hazard is not permitted.
10. Gang related and/or obscene/profane/vulgar tattoos must be covered at all times.
11. Accessories which advocate or cause disruption on campus and/or other acts of violence or may be used as weapons are not permitted.
12. Hats may be worn during outside activities for sun protection.
No grade of a student participating in a physical education class shall be adversely affected if the student does not wear standardized physical education apparel because of circumstances beyond the student’s control. (Education Code 49066).
Blair High School, 1201 South Marengo Ave., Pasadena, (626) 396-5820 or visit blair.pusd.us/pages/Blair_High.