John Muir High School is home to the only Early College in PUSD.
Published : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 | 1:41 PM
In collaboration with Pasadena City College (PCC), students engage in a rigorous, four-year program, earning up to two years of transferable college credit while in high school.
Pasadena City College has a Northwest Campus located at John Muir High School. Early College courses are offered through PCC on John Muir’s campus.
• Students can earn up to two years of college credits that meet Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) while earning a high school diploma.
• All course fees and materials are FREE for John Muir students.
Early College students are enrolled in one of three career-focused academies. Academies are aligned with students interests and career goals, and are supported by leading industry partners who provide career-related experiential learning including field trips, job shadows, internships and guest speakers.
Unmatched College Savings
Early College @ John Muir High School is tuition free.
• All fees, books, and course materials are waived for dual enrollment courses.
• Save an average of $1,500-$15,000 per year in tuition and fees.
• Complete up to two years of college at the time of high school graduation.
Comprehensive Student Support
• Tutors, mentors, and an Early College Counselor are available for guidance and personalized academic advisement.
• Muir and PCC provide tutoring services, college application assistance, and financial aid workshops, and SAT Prep classes.
• All freshmen learn AVID strategies and begin their Early College journey with an introductory college course to build stamina for college-level courses.
• Students participate in a weekly Early College Seminar to develop their 10-year education plan and participate in college and career workshops.
• Visit https://openenrollment.info to learn about enrollment timelines and procedures.
• Apply online through the PUSD’s annual Open Enrollment process.
• Our Early College Counselor assists students in completing a separate Pasadena City College application for Early College courses.
John Muir High School, 1905 Lincoln Avenue Pasadena, (626) 396-5600 or visit www.pusd.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=57