Published : Monday, November 10, 2014 | 1:40 PM
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) invites families to attend a parent education seminar on Naviance, the college and career planning software now in use by district middle and high school students Wednesday, November 12 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Marshall Fundamental School. Counselors from PUSD schools will present a seminar on the software and parents learn to use the system. The event is free and open to the public and serves as a forum for families to become better acquainted with the educational opportunities PUSD high schools can offer.
Naviance Family Connection is a comprehensive website specific to each middle and high school that will help parents and their student research and make decisions about everything from high school courses to colleges and careers. Some of the available resources include:
• Building multi-year course plans (4-year plan)
• Researching local scholarship options
• SAT Test Prep program
• Searching for colleges and viewing multimedia college profiles
• Displaying scattergrams and application statistics
• Registering for college visits
• Requesting official transcripts and letters of recommendation
• Accessing Web links and custom pages
• Exploring personality types and career interests
The seminar is sponsored by the PUSD Secondary Education Division and the PUSD Family Resource Center, which fosters partnerships between families and schools that benefit student achievement.
For information about this and other parent education seminars, visit http://www.pusd.us/pages/PasadenaUSD/Departments/Families/Seminars
SUBJECT: PUSD College and Career Planning Parent Education Seminar
DATE/TIME: Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Marshall Fundamental School Library, 990 N. Allen Ave., Pasadena
For more information, visit http://www.pusd.us/pages/PasadenaUSD