Published : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 | 11:38 PM
La Cañada School District’s Special Education Department is looking for parents of children with special needs to join the Foothill SELPA’s Community Advisory Committee (CAC). The CAC is an advisory board to the policy and administrative entity of the Foothill Special Education Local Plan Area, servicing Burbank, Glendale and La Cañada School Districts. The membership is composed of at least one or two elected representatives from each district. Members may be nominated by the SELPA Director upon the recommendation of the Committee, and approved by each district’s Board of Education.
The purpose and duties of the committee are:
1. To advise the policy and administrative entity of the SELPA regarding the development and review of the Local
2. To recommend annual priorities to be addressed by CAC meetings and activities.
3. To assist in parent education and recruitment of volunteers
4. To encourage community involvement
5. To support activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs and their families.
6. To assist in parent awareness of the importance of regular school attendance.
The term of membership is for two years. The CAC usually meets quarterly. Persons interested in committee membership shall be invited to meetings to meet with current members. Our next CAC meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 10th at 6:30 p.m. in Glendale Unified School District office, Room 103. For those interested in joining the CAC please contact Dr. Tamara Jackson for more information at (818) 952-8397.
For more information, visit www.lcusd.net.