Published : Monday, January 8, 2018 | 8:09 PM
La Salle’s College Forum will be held on Thursday, March 22, at 6:00 p.m. As in the past, college admission representatives from many colleges will present important information to our families (see tentative sessions below). The College Forum is a great opportunity for students to learn about the college admission process and learn how to research and identify the right college for them. So, highlight the College Forum on your calendar.
The following were the presentation topics from the 2017 College Forum. While a majority of presentations will stay the same, some presentations will be different. Please advise by January 15 if there are any specific topics you would like to see presented:
• Words of Advice from Veteran Parents
• How to Pay for College
• Tips for Admission to Highly Selective Colleges
• The Visual Arts: The Application Process and Portfolios
• Navigating Naviance: Family Connection, Admission Stats, and More
• The NCAA, the Student Athlete & Admission
• Studying the Sciences and Engineering
• Searching for the Best Opportunity: Parents’ Advice to Out-of-State Colleges
• Understand Need and Merit Based Discounting
• Studying Business
• Studying Nursing and the Health Sciences
• Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program & other scholarships
More detailed information will be published in the February ParentNewsletter.
La Salle High School, 3880 E. Sierra Madre Blvd., Pasadena, (626) 351-8951 or visit www.lasallehs.org.