Published : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 | 1:02 PM
“Instead of four walls and a ceiling like a traditional classroom, the Peace Garden — this classroom — has two walls and the sky for a ceiling” – Amira Al-Sarraf, Head of School
Farm to Table
• The garden promotes the understanding of growing food locally and developing healthy eating habits.
• Students will learn how to grow different types of fruits, vegetables, and herbs to be used in cooking, sold in school sales, and donated to local food banks.
Environmental Stewardship and Nature Appreciation
• In the beautiful garden, students will grow to appreciate nature and the bounties of the earth.
• Students will develop their responsibility to protect and constructively use and sustain the earth’s resources.
• STEM refers to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
• Students will participate in a variety of learning activities that cultivate STEM proficiency.
• The Peace Garden offers the opportunity to sow the seeds of peace with one another and the community by building interfaith and educational partnerships and service learning initiatives.
• Activities include community garden workshop days and donations of garden harvests to local organizations for the needy.
New Horizon School Pasadena, 651 N. Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena, (626) 795-5186 or visit www.newhorizonschool.org.