Fifth Through Eighth Grade
Published : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 | 6:28 PM
New Horizon School Pasadena’s Middle School experience provides a wealth of learning – from the fundamentals of a strong academic program to the development of essential life skills. NHS’ highly qualified faculty promotes the success of each student by addressing individual needs and setting high standards overall. Unique features of the NHS program include:
• A rigorous core academic curriculum which prepares students to excel in challenging high school programs
• Advanced instruction in math and science to challenge students and prepare them for various interscholastic competitions
• An emphasis on critical thinking, study skills, and intellectual integrity
• Leadership opportunities through Student Council, peer tutoring, and khutba (sermon) training
• A creative arts program that includes ceramics, music theory, instruments, theater, and video production
• A stimulating electives program with courses in speech, robotics, newspaper, yearbook, and community service
• Enriching after-school activities such as Performing Arts Club, Sports Club, and Qur’an Club
• Curriculum-related field trips to such places as Ocean Institute, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, California Science Center, and Skirball Cultural Center
• Overnight outdoor education experiences focusing on team building and wilderness skills in the Angeles National Forest and the Channel Islands
• A culminating eighth grade trip to Washington, D.C.
• Matriculation to highly selective schools such as Polytechnic School, Flintridge Preparatory School, Westridge School, and The Buckley School
New Horizon School Pasadena, 651 N. Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena, (626) 795-5186 or visit www.newhorizonschool.org.