Published : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 | 5:05 PM
Pasadena Human Relations Commission presents its 22nd Annual High School Essay Contest with the Theme: What Can I Do To Improve Human Relations in Pasadena? The Essay Contest is open to 9th – 12th Grade Students in the PUSD area.
1st Place Winner $750
2nd Place Winner $350
3rd Place Winner $200
Teacher with the most entries $50
Teacher with the winning entry $50
Questions to consider:
- What does human relations/Human rights mean to you?
- How do you think is the best way to tackle issues with human rights in the 21st century?
- What do you believe to be a great human rights violation occurring today and what would you do to solve it?
- What can I do to better human relations in Pasadena?
- 1000 words or less
- Cover page stapled, containing:
Name, address, home phone number, school name and grade level
- Student name and page # on top right hand corner of every page
- Written in first person and typed and double-spaced preferred.
Deadline to submit entries is on April 29th 2015.
Submit entries to:
Pasadena Human Relations Commission
c/o Human Services & Recreation Department-Jackie Robinson Center
Attn: William Syms
1020 N. Fair Oaks
Pasadena, CA 91103
For more information, contact (626) 744-7295 or email email@example.com.