Published : Friday, March 4, 2016 | 3:55 PM
Pasadena Children and Teens Grade 3-12 are invited to submit a one-frame drawing or illustration depicting a vivid memory from your past, exploring the topic of childhood memories or something about trains!
All winning entries will be displayed at Pasadena Central Library, published online and printed in a Pasadena Public Library publication. All participants, their families and friends will be invited to a special reception honoring their work on Saturday, March 19, 2016. Original artwork will be returned to the artist. Entry forms can be picked up at any Pasadena Public Library starting Feb. 1, 2016 or printed from: www.pasadenapubliclibrary.net/kids.
Entry deadline will be on March 10, 2016
• Open to children and teens in grades 3–12.
• Single-frame illustration in pencil, pen, ink or paint depicting the theme of memories, childhood or trains.
• Size can range anywhere between 8” x 10” and 22” x 28.”
• Submit to any Pasadena Library site by March 10, 2016.
• Must include artist’s contact information along with llustration.
• Paper-clip the entry form to your illustration for submission. Entry form will be removed before judging and a number assigned to the design. Entries will be judged based on creativity, technical skill and execution
Two first-place winners will be selected, one in each of the following categories:
Category 1: Grades 3–8.
First-place winner in category 1 will win free tuition for a class at Art Center for Kids at Art Center College of Design (valued at up to $300). Second-and third-place winners will receive prize baskets.
Category 2: Grades 9 – 12
First-place winner in category 2 will win free tuition for a Saturday High class at Art Center College of Design (valued at up to $400). Second- and third-place winners will receive prize baskets.
For more information, contact Jane Gov (626) 744-4246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-sponsored by Art Center College of Design.