Published : Thursday, January 9, 2020 | 7:25 PM
The Poly community is participating in its fourth annual Pasadena Blood Drive Challenge between Poly, Mayfield Senior School, Flintridge Prep, Westridge, La Salle High School, and Flintridge Sacred Heart; the school with the largest number of donors will win a prize and trophy and the satisfaction of knowing they made a difference in the community.
• At Poly: Huntington Hospital Blood Mobile will be in the Garland parking lot on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Register online today!
• At Huntington Hospital Blood Donor Center: From Monday, Jan. 13, through Friday, Feb. 21, 2020, at the hospital’s Blood Donor Center in Pasadena. Learn more about the Donor Center. Please be sure to let the center know to count your donation for Poly! Donor Center hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. To schedule your donation, call 626-397-5422.
Basic donor requirements:
Donor must be 16 years of age or older; 16-year-olds must have a signed Huntington Hospital parental consent form. Consent form may be found outside Greg Feldmeth’s office in Haaga House or online.
• People over 75 years of age may donate at the center with a physician’s approval.
• Donor must weigh at least 110 pounds.
• Those with tattoos may donate one year after getting a tattoo.
• Eat a nutritious meal; don’t skip any meals.
• Start drinking water the day before and continue after donation.
• Bring a photo ID with a birthdate on it, such as a driver’s license.
• To prepare for donation and to make sure you’re eligible, please read blood donor education material.
Polytechnic School, 1030 E. California Blvd., Pasadena, (626) 396-6300 or visit www.polytechnic.org.