Published : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 | 6:53 PM
Good morning Sierra Madre families, this is Dr. Salinas, principal of Sierra Madre Elementary School with a reminder about our school schedule today. In response to the hot temperatures that are predicted to go over 100 degrees and power fluctuations that affect our chiller, students will be dismissed from school today at 11:30 a.m. This does not impact Sierra Madre Middle School who will dismiss at their regular time.
Previously scheduled school day activities for today have been cancelled. These include:
• An Earthquake Drill
• A walking fieldtrip to Creative Arts Group for 3rd grade classes
• The Volunteer Orientation Meeting this evening
Other adjustments include:
• Students who take the bus after school will be picked up by transportation at 11:30 a.m.
• The Homework Club will operate from after school until 2:30 p.m.
• The YMCA, Kids Club, and CEC will pick up students at 11:30 a.m.
• We have notified other after school providers, but have not been successful in reaching all whom we have contacted. If your child attends an after school program other than those mentioned, please contact them directly to make arrangements.
As always, keeping students safe is our top priority and therefore, we follow public health recommendations. Additionally, we have implemented a heat day schedule that avoids strenuous activity and limits heat exposure. Students will engage in indoor activities and will be reminded to keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
Dr. Esther Salinas