Published : Thursday, November 15, 2018 | 1:35 PM
Congratulations to the SPMS drama students who recently participated in the annual Drama Teachers Association of Southern California (DTASC) Middle School Fall Festival. As one of 40 schools represented, SPMS earned several honors and learned about the artistic process of preparation, rehearsal, and performance.
The eighth grade advanced drama class placed in all acting categories:
• First place for small group drama – Mason Fleming and Lewis Polanksy
• Third place for student original – Eugenie Borredon, Sean O’Leary and Julia Pei
• Fourth place for small group comedy – Ema Bucknam and Veronica Koutsky
• Fifth place for monologues – Henry McLaughlin
• Honorable mention for set design – Steven Gabler and Jada Hale
The seventh graders also brought home a handful of honorable mention awards for the other categories and represented our school well. As a result of these awards, SPMS won fifth place overall in the awards sweepstakes.
For more information, contact: South Pasadena Unified School District, Office of the Superintendent, email@example.com
South Pasadena Middle School, 1500 Fair Oaks Avenue, South Pasadena, (626) 441-5830 or visit spms.spusd.net.