Published : Monday, February 5, 2018 | 1:41 PM
St. Philip the Apostle School’s 4th Annual Jog-A-Thon will be taking place on Friday, February 23, 2018. In conjunction with its Annual Health Fair, Jog-A-Thon is a favorite activity for the students and an energizing day for the entire community. The 2018 Jog-A-Thon committee hope you will join the event in making it the best one yet!
The Jog-A-Thon event is a colorful and fun day for students, teachers, parents, and community. Through fundraising and fitness, the event strives to honor its mission statement to be “a Catholic parish community dedicated to teaching, inspiring and nurturing children.”
• Teach good health and friendly competition
• Inspire each student to support their school by raising & running
• Nurture the community spirit among students, staff & parents
In addition to supporting healthy competition among students, Jog-A-Thon supports the PTO’s annual fundraising commitment to the school’s operating budget.
The Jog A Thon Committee ask that each family set a minimum fundraising goal of $35 per student, however families and students are encouraged and to exceed this goal as best they can. To simplify things, pledges are made in a fixed dollar amount, rather than per lap run. Students are encouraged to reach out to relatives, friends, co-workers, and neighbors to achieve their goal, and it is hoped that the addition of a new online fundraising portal will help in this effort.
Fundraising Awards Available for Every Student:
$75 Level: Students who raise $75 & above will be awarded an Alternate Dress Pass.
$150 Level: Students who raise $150 & above will be awarded an Alternate Dress Pass, Shout Out Sign on the Jog-A-Thon loop, and a Falcon cow bell.
Note: Awards are given to ALL students who reach the threshold of $75 or $150. Based on your Total donations received from multiple donors.
* Most Laps Run: Awarded to the top girl and boy in each grade. Winner will receive a gift certificate to Cherry On Top & a free dress pass.
* Top Fundraising Award (Classroom): Awarded to the classroom that raises the most funds. The top class will receive special recognition & an ice cream party to celebrate!
* Top Fundraising Award (Individual): Awarded to the top fundraiser in each of the following grade groups: K-2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th-8th. Each winner will receive special recognition & a gift certificate to Cherry On Top!
Online Donation Website: Register Your Student Today!
The new Jog-A-Thon website will allow your students to contact donors and track their donations. Donations are still accepted (and encouraged) at the school office made by check, and these will be manually added to your child’s online donation tracker to keep the leaderboard accurate. Registration takes 2 minutes. Simply go to www.thegetmovincrew.com and click on the yellow star with “Get Registered Parent Login.” Once you’ve registered your child and customized their page as you’d like, you may start sharing with friends and family all around your world!
For more information, contact Jill Longo & Susan Ross (2018 Jog-A-Thon Co-Chairs) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Philip the Apostle School, 1363 Cordova St., Pasadena, (626) 795-9691 or visit www.stphiliptheapostle.org.