On Monday, December 8
Published : Monday, December 1, 2014 | 2:34 PM
Starting December 8, Assumption School students will be taught lessons related to personal safety. The program, entitled “Teaching Touching Safety” helps children protect themselves from becoming victims of abuse. Please review the following “Five Body Safety Rules” with your child:
1. It’s My Body. God wants me to be safe and happy. I have the right to know the body safety rules.
2. If I have the UH-OH feeling like something is wrong, then I am right! I need to Ask Questions.
3. If someone is making me feel uncomfortable, I have the right to say NO! And Get Away!
4. I should Always Tell if someone makes me feel uncomfortable or touches my private parts. I should keep telling until someone believes me.
5. If I am abused, it is Never My Fault.
For question and more information, parents can contact their child’s teacher, or Ms. Anne Regan-Smith, the Assistant Principal at (626) 793-2089.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary School, 2660 E. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena, (626) 793-2089 or visit school.abvmpasadena.org.