Published : Thursday, July 6, 2017 | 2:31 PM
Weizmann Day School has completed another amazing school year! Thanks to everyone’s generous support, Weizmann was able to provide the following fabulous programs (among others!) for students and the community:
• Middle School Camping Trip, 9.14-15.16. Weizmann’s Middle School students camped under the stars — and hiked, waded, played, and explored — at Leo Carrillo State Beach in Malibu. On the way they stopped at the Reagan Library for a fascinating program.
• 15. Annual Daniel Pearl Concert, 10.6.16. Weizmann hosted students frorn neighboring schools New Horizon (a Muslim school) and St. Marks (a Christian school). As Daniel Pearl’s parents watched from the audience, these three schools joined together to present a beautiful concert for the entire community in honor of Daniel Pearl World Music Days.
• Evening Program with Weizmann Institute, 11.29.16. Weizmann joined with The Weizmann Institute of Science — its namesake and one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary scientific research institutions — to present an evening of science. Professor and “Cosmic Detective’ Avishay Gal-Yam spoke about his work on supernovae in an engaging presentation.
• 5. Grade Trip to Sacramento, 3.16.17. Weizmann’s 5th grade class flew to Sacramento for a full day of up-close learning about the state government. The day was packed with travel, a trip to the Capitol, and a visit to Sutter’s Fort.
• 6. Grade Trip to Catalina, 5.23-25.17. Weizmann’s 6th grade class joined students from Temple Beth Hillel Day School for 3 days of exciting science camp at Catalina Island Marine Institute (“CIMI”) on Catalina Island. Together they learned, snorkeled, hiked, star-gazed, and explored their beautiful surroundings.
• Hummus Movie Screening and Hummus Tasting, 5.7.17. In front of a sold-out crowd at the Laemmle Theater in Pasadena, Weizmann screened the short film of alumnus Alex Matros documenting his search for the best hummus in Israel. The community enjoyed the movie, a Q&A with Alex, and some wonderful hummus. (See the movie at https://vimeo.com/117543600, PW: haven4545)
Weizmann Day School, 1434 N. Altadena Dr., Pasadena, (626) 797-0204 or visit http://weizmann.net/.