The application period for the city’s Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program Relief Grant Program closes on Friday.
The program provides approximately 50 reimbursable grants of $7,500 each to qualifying small businesses.
Local businesses, especially restaurants, have been decimated by the pandemic.
The funds for the program are provided by the city’s annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) allocation. The nonprofit Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF) was chosen by the city to review and select applicants and subsequently disburse grant funds.
To be eligible to apply for the Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program, a business must meet all of the following criteria at the time of application submission:
- A business must operate out of street-level store front in the city of Pasadena and is legally operating under all local, state and federal laws and current on any and all taxes/fees/license owed to the city of Pasadena and does not have a current lawsuit pending against the city of Pasadena;
- Have experienced an economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic and can demonstrate at least 25% decline in revenues due to COVID-19 between Jan. 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2020;
- Have a current Pasadena business license;
- Must be a for-profit micro-enterprise with five or fewer employees including the owner(s);
- Applicant must own 51% majority owner of business;
- Must not have received past city grant program funds and must disclose receipt of federal PPP or EIDL. Prior federal funding does not automatically disqualify, however, priority will be given to those who did not receive funding.
- Demonstrate a stable track record of business operations under current ownership; and
- Provide the dedication and wherewithal to remain open for a period of 12 months after receipt of the relief funds.
- Non-profit organizations are not eligible, and will not be considered for funding;
- Other ineligible businesses include payday loan businesses, liquor and tobacco stores, pawn shops, firearm or other weapons dealers, life insurance companies, adult entertainment, passive real estate investments, home-based businesses, national or regional chains; and/or businesses currently in bankruptcy.
The online application portal closes Friday, Feb. 12.
For eligibility criteria, selection process, and complete details, review Program Guidelines.
For additional information regarding the Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program, contact Pasadena Community Foundation Program Officers Kate Clavijo at (626) 796-2097 x7, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mike deHilster at (626) 796-2097 x5, email@example.com.