Authorities blamed fireworks after a fire tore through a Pasadena house on Tuesday, causing major damage to a home and two neighboring apartment units, as well as a half-dozen cars, officials said.
The fire broke out about 1 p.m. at 884 N. Summit Ave., according to city spokeswoman Lisa Derderian.
Firefighters kept the flames contained primarily to the back side of the home, which appeared to be a total loss, she said. Six vehicles and a trailer parked behind the home also suffered “extensive” damage, and two neighboring apartment units were also scorched.
No injuries were reported. A dollar-value estimate of the damage was not available.
Officials believed the flames had been sparked by two children who had been playing fireworks, Derderian said. No further details were available Tuesday afternoon.
Four people were displaced from the home that was largely destroyed by the fire, she added.
An investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information can reach the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4501. Tips may also be submitted anonymously to L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.