Latest Guides

latest #1

Pasadena Fire Units Respond to Vons Market Incident

Published on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 | 8:47 am
 

Smoke filled the Vons market in the 2300 block of E. Colorado Blvd. from a malfunctioning heating, air and ventilation unit early this morning, triggering a 4:40 a.m. fire dept. response and a later request for the Pasadena Health Department to follow-up due to exposure of food products to the smoke, officials report.

The building was safely evacuated,  the equipment was shut down for checkup and turned over to the building administration for possible repair, according to fire dept. personnel who responded to the call.

The damage to commodities was estimated at $2500, officials say.

Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.

Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m.

Make a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *