Christian Service Projects at St. Philip the Apostle School
The mission of St. Philip the Apostle School is to provide an exceptional education by integrating Catholic values with high academic standards and service to others. This is reflected in our School-wide Learning Expectations. St. Philip the Apostle School students are expected to become young men and women who reflect moral and religious values by serving the community, exhibiting compassion, and seeking social justice.
The Christian Service Projects are activities done at each grade level and provide our students the opportunity to make a positive impact in the world around them.
• Christmas visit and singing for the residents at Del Mar Park
• Snack bags for the Hungry (St. Vincent de Paul)
• Holiday cheer cards for Meals on Wheels recipients
• Children’s Book Drive for Union Station Family Center
• Make place mats and centerpieces for the Senior Citizen Luncheon
• Collect and assemble Christmas candy bags for kids (Assisting Children Ministry)
• Collect essential items for the San Gabriel Valley Pregnancy Help Center.
• Organize the Ground Coffee and New Socks Drive for Union Station
• Organize and clean the pews of St. Philip the Apostle Church.
• Organize a collection for the Circle K Ranch, a summer program for underpriviliged youth ran by the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
• Make banners for the newly baptized of our parish.
• Visit senior residents of Regency Astoria in the Fall and Spring.
• Prepare sack lunches for the homeless.
• Share stories with Seniors at The Fair Oaks Retirement Home
• Organize Thanksgiving Food Drive for our Parish Pantry.
• Organize Children’s activities at Union Station Family Center.
• Prepare and serve meals at Union Station
• Host the annual Thanksgiving Senior Luncheon.
In addition to the class based activities, the school collects school supplies for children at an orphanage in Tijuana and also holds several dollar dress days to benefit a variety of organizations including the Bridge of Life School in Cambodia.
St. Philip the Apostle School, 1363 Cordova St., Pasadena, (626) 795-9691 or visit www.stphiliptheapostle.org/school.