Flintridge Prep Senate Special Culinary Edition of the Morning Meeting
Flintridge Prep Senate made a very special culinary edition of the Morning Meeting last Friday. Students and faculty share some of their simple yet delicious recipes to try out with your family. #flintridgeprep #prepforlife
Charlie’s Special K Bars:
1. Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of Karo syrup (close) to a boil.
2. Turn off heat and slowly add 1 cup of peanut butter while stirring slowly.
3. When cool, pour over Special K cereal in a large pan.
4. Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of butterscotch chips together in a large pot and pour over base when cool.
5. Let cool and enjoy!
Maya’s Scrambled Eggs:
1. Whisk eggs in a bowl until frothy.
2. Put them into a frying pan with butter.
3. Sprinkle cheese over eggs while cooking.
4. Cook until satisfied!
Mr. Lewis’s Grilled Skewers:
1. Chop up preferred meats and vegetables (chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.) into moderate-sized chunks.
2. Coat everything with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. If using wooden skewers, rinse thoroughly with water.
4. Assemble skewers and grill for ~10 minutes at 350 °F.
Ben’s World-Famous 9-Hour Crème Brûlée:
Flintridge Preparatory School, 4543 Crown Ave., La Cañada Flintridge, (818) 790-1178 or visit www.flintridgeprep.org.