La Salle’s Integral Student Outcomes
As a college preparatory high school, La Salle endeavors to instill the following outcomes and expectations in graduates of its program.
Graduates of La Salle College Preparatory:
I. Understand Catholic Teaching and Practices and are Guided by the Lasallian Five Core Principles and the Ideals of Learn. Serve. Lead.
complete four years of religious studies instruction
• participate in a variety of faith-based activities
• engage in service in the context of Catholic social teaching and the Lasallian heritage
• demonstrate leadership in co-curricular activities
II. Respect Individuals of Different Backgrounds, Talents, Cultures, and Religions.
• interact within a widely diverse School and local community
• participate in curricular and co-curricular programs that recognize the value of diversity
III. Practice Christian Values by Recognizing and Responding with Compassion to the Needs of Others, Especially the Poor and Marginalized.
• engage in activities that serve the local and global community
• have the opportunity to experience the connection between justice and service
IV. Interpret, Analyze, Synthesize, and Communicate Ideas.
• complete an academic program that exceeds University of California admissions requirements
• acquire a range of functional critical thinking and research skills related to information, media, and technology
• develop intellectual curiosity and personal integrity
V. Value Lifelong Physical, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual Well-Being.
• participate in curricular and co-curricular programs that promote lifelong healthy living
• participate in programs that promote student success
• engage in activities promoting spiritual growth, including retreats and prayer opportunities
La Salle College Preparatory, 3880 E. Sierra Madre Blvd., Pasadena, (626) 351-8951 or visit www.lasallehs.org.