Maranatha’s SEAPERCH Team Wins Regional Competition
Maranatha’s Science Club competed in the 2023 LA Regional SeaPerch Competition, an international underwater robotics tournament.
On Saturday, March 11, Maranatha’s club traveled to Troy High School in Fullerton to compete. The students divided themselves into two teams for this year’s competition. Team A was captained by Aaron Chang ’23 and included Bethany Ang ’23, Leo Liu ’24, Evan Ng ’23, Victor Qiao ’23, and Andrew Round ’23. Team B was captained by JT Lam ’23 and included Eleanor Koo ’24, Kaylee Lam ’26, Matthew Moon ’24, Eli Su ’24, and Spencer Wang ’26. Both teams were once again coached by Dr. Shouhua Huang from Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Team A won the following:
• 1st Place Overall High School Stock Class
• 1st Place Obstacle Course High School Stock Class
• 1st Place Technical Design Report
• 2nd Place Mission Course High School Stock Class
Team B won the following:
• 3rd Place Overall High School Stock Class
• 2nd Place Obstacle Course High School Stock Class
• 2nd Place Technical Design Report
By winning 1st Place Overall High School Stock Class, the club earned an invitation to the 2023 International SeaPerch Competition Finals, which will be held on May 13, 2023, at the University of Maryland. We are proud of the Maranatha Science Club’s accomplishments and will be rooting for their continued success at Nationals.
Maranatha High School, 169 S. St. John Avenue, Pasadena, (626) 817-4000 or visit www.maranathahighschool.org.