Pasadena Unified School District’s Wellness Policy
The Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) developed a Wellness Policy to promote student health through nutrition education, enhanced nutrition guidelines, and physical education and activity. PUSD strives to create a healthy environment where its students have an opportunity to learn the importance of nutrition and physical activity while being provided nutritionally rich foods and beverages.
Here are some of the highlights of the PUSD Wellness Policy:
• The District believes that the introduction of nutrition related concepts helps foster healthy lifestyle behaviors and leads to academic success among the students.
• Approved curriculum sources include the Dairy Council of California, USDA Nutrition Curriculum, Harvest of the Month, California Project Lean and the UC Davis Cooperative Extension
• Physical education and activity during the school day follows the Board adopted Physical Education Policies and Procedures.
• The District encourages the use of fine and gross motor skills, sports, and any other form of physical activity as a substitute for classroom rewards, celebrations and sch
Child Nutrition Services Website:
• School Menus and Nutritional Information
• Nutrition Library
• Fundraising Ideas
• Non-food Rewards
• Allowable Snack List
• Wellness Policy
USDA Nutrition Information: choosemyplate.gov
Dairy Council of California: dairycouncilofca.gov
Stay connected to the Pasadena Unified School District! Visit us online at www.pusd.us; follow us on Twitter @PasadenaUnified, www.twitter.com/PasadenaUnified; like PUSD on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PasadenaUnifiedSchoolDistrict; text PUSD to 888777; and subscribe to PUSD’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/klrnpasadena. Or call the Communications Office, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 396-3606.
“Our Children. Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.”