PUSD Service Modifications Due to Smoke/Air Quality
Although PUSD was prepared to provide services for students today, due to the rapid deterioration of air quality, PUSD has to close and/or modify services for September 10-11. “We thank you for your patience and understanding as we cope with the effects of the wildfires in our region.”
Due to continuing smoke and poor air quality caused by fires, the Pasadena Unified School District is modifying the following services:
• LEARNS supervised care programs at all school campuses are canceled Friday, September 11, due to smoke and air quality.
• Grab & Go Food Center curbside service resumes Friday, September 11, at one site: Wilson Middle School (300 Madre St, Pasadena, CA 91107) from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. All other PUSD Grab & Go Food Centers located at PUSD schools are closed Friday, September 11, due to poor air quality. An update on service for next week will be shared on Sunday.
• Curbside Tech Support will be closed tomorrow, Friday, September 11. ITS Techs will contact families with appointments to reschedule appointments for next week.
Please limit your exposure to smoke or ash from wildfires:
• Remain indoors with windows and doors closed or seek alternate shelter;
• Avoid vigorous physical activity;
• Run your air conditioner if you have one. Make sure it has a clean filter and that it is recirculating the indoor air to prevent bringing additional smoke inside;
• Create a clean air space in your home by using a portable air cleaner instead of or in addition to your air conditioner. Use in one or more rooms with both the doors and windows closed;
• Avoid using a whole-house fan or a swamp cooler with an outside air intake;
• Avoid using indoor or outdoor wood-burning appliances, including fireplaces and candles;
• Older adults, young children, pregnant women, and people with heart diseases or lung diseases (such as asthma) may be especially sensitive to health risks from wildfire smoke.
For more information, visit www.pusd.us.