We’ll let you in on a little secret: Your mom did not invent putting peanut butter in the hair to get chewing gum out, but some mom did. The point is that moms are way more tech-savvy than you think. It’s your Dad who can’t figure out the difference between Instagram and Twitter, not Mom.
So what better time to honor her inner nerd than Sunday, May 10, Mother’s day?
How about some nice noise-cancelling (that means you) headphones, or conversely, a powerful bluetooth speaker that will roar right through the shower? A smartphone sanitizer couldn’t hurt, either.
Here’s a few gizmos that we like, and that Mom would like, too.
- How about a digital photo frame? These have been around for a while, and you keep thinking about it. Here’s a good one from Aura Mason. You can load it up with photos from her phone (she’s probably already sent you most of them) and have them ready to roll when she opens up the gift.
And you can add more with Wi-fi (of course). Get other family members to contribute and she can have a never-ending series of Happy, for many hi-tech Mothers’ Days to come. and the frame works both in portrait and landscape orientation. Hang it this way or that way. She’ll still love it.
- The SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker II is a tough and water-resistant companion that’s perfect for any adventure. We’ve got one of these at the home office, and we’ve given a few as gifts. It’s got a soft-touch silicone exterior and a built-in microphone for calls. It’ll be mom’s go-to speaker with bold sound—wherever she needs it. Wanna be even cooler? Now it comes in Midnight Blue and Yellow Citron.
- She charges her phone every day and washes her hands religiously, but how often is she cleaning her phone? That phone has become like a third hand that never gets washed.
PhoneSoap 3 is a cell phone charger that cleans and sanitizes your phone while it charges. Now you can enhance your daily charge with a sanitizing process. With PhoneSoap, a charged phone is a clean phone.
The UV sanitizer kills 99.99%† of germs. It fits all smartphones and most case sizes. It will even safely sanitize Mom’s phone case.
- The only problem with this next gift is that Mom, as responsible as she is, likely already has one. But the 2020 Tile Mate is stronger and smarter and more versatile than in previous years.
Use the Tile app to ring your Tile if it’s nearby. Just tap the ‘Find’ button.
You can Find your phone just by Double pressing the Tile button on your Tile to make your phone ring, even when it’s on silent. When you’re far away, you’ll see the last time and place it was updated. And if your Tile is really lost, just use “Community Find” If your Tile is truly lost, just activate the Tile community and every phone running the Tile app can anonymously help you find it.
Yeah, she probably has one. She needs a new one. And they come in four-packs. We’ve loved this thing since it came out a few years ago. She will, too, if she doesn’t already.
- Let Mom see what happens when it’s just her and the music, with noise canceling that cuts out more outside sound than ever before. The Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones have advanced noise-canceling technology such as Adaptive Sound Control, and the convenience of smart features including Quick Attention, Voice Assistant compatibility and touch control.
These headphones will take her even deeper into the silence with further improvements to its famous noise cancellation, along with smart listening that adjusts to her situation.
Don’t worry. She’ll hear you when she needs to.