One Colorado in Pasadena, a city block of open-air shopping and dining in the heart of historic Old Pasadena, is hosting a series of events for the whole family to enjoy.
Events include the annual Holiday Tree Celebration, 12 Days of Holiday, a Holiday Pop-Up store and more.
On Saturday, Nov. 26, festive carolers will start filling the shopping center with acapella holiday sounds, the organizers said.
The other features on One Colorado’s holiday calendar include Letters to Santa, from Nov. 25 to Dec. 15, when kids can write a letter to Santa with all their holiday wishes and drop it off at Santa’s Mailbox near IPIC and Sage Vegan Bistro. Don’t forget to add a return address to receive a personalized response from Santa.
‘Photos with Santa’ from Nov. 24 to Dec. 24. Gift Donation is from Nov. 25 to Dec. 15, when you can drop off new and unwrapped toys next to Santa near IPIC and Sage Vegan Bistro that will go to the Union Station Homeless Services.
Holiday Kick-Off Party is next Saturday, Dec. 3, 5 to 8 p.m., featuring KCRW DJ Novena Carmel and holiday card-making for Union Station Homeless Services. Sushi Roku will dazzle with festive cocktails and to-go sushi rolls. You can then snap a photo in the coveted MirMir photo booth to capture the memories.
The annual Holiday Tree Celebration begins Dec. 3, when guests can come and visit the One Colorado Courtyard to enjoy fully decorated trees inside Industrious, a flexible workspace provider. Customers can vote for their favorite tree in support of local non-profit organizations. The winning non-profit tree will receive a $1,000 donation from One Colorado, the organizers said.
Participating retailers and restaurants will also be handing out complimentary gingerbread kits as a gift with purchase beginning on Dec. 3.
“One Colorado is ready to spread holiday cheer with our annual Holiday Tree Celebration,” Melisa Lopez, Regional Marketing Manager for ShopCore Properties, who own and manage One Colorado, said. “This campaign has been hosted the past two years throughout our ShopCore portfolio of properties and over $33,000 has been donated to nearly 70 charities nationwide. At One Colorado more than $5,500 has been donated to 10 local non-profits over the last two years. We invite the community to visit One Colorado starting this December to vote for their favorite non-profit tree and help raise money for our community!”
Following the Holiday Tree Celebration, 12 Days of Holiday follow, which is, yes, 12 days of holiday events, crafts, and workshops that guests can attend with the whole family. 12 Days begin on Saturday, Dec. 10, with Holiday Wreath Crafting for adults, in partnership with Twigzz Floral Studio, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. You will decorate a festive holiday wreath for your home while enjoying wine courtesy of Il Fornaio.
To get tickets to the event, go to www.eventbrite.com/e/holiday-wreath-crafting-with-twigzz-floral-studio-12-days-of-holiday-tickets-464738203477.
The other events on 12 Days of Holiday are listed here:
- Sunday, Dec. 11, 1 to 3 p.m.: Santa Snacks & Stories for Kids – Dash your way over to One Colorado and enjoy a special festive treat and holiday stories from Santa. RSVP here.
- Monday, Dec. 12, 1 to 3 p.m.: Gift Wrapping Masterclass (Adults) – Nothing spreads holiday cheer like a wrapped gift! Bring an unwrapped gift to learn how to wrap gifts like a pro. RSVP here.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 4 to 6 p.m.: Letters to Santa & Holiday Craft (Kids) – Santa wants to hear from you! Stop by One Colorado to write a special letter to Santa while you enjoy a festive treat. RSVP here.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: Vintage Holiday Card & Calligraphy Gift Tag Workshop (Adults) – Sip hot cocoa while you craft custom gift tags or a holiday card to give to someone you love. A professional One Colorado Calligrapher will also customize tags just for you and your loved ones. RSVP here.
- Thursday, Dec. 15, 4 to 6 p.m.: Popcorn Garland Making (Kids) – Calling all the little elves! Come create a holiday popcorn garland while you enjoy a festive hot cocoa bar. RSVP here.
- Friday, Dec. 16, 6 to 8 p.m.: Gingerbread House Crafting (Adults) – Enjoy sipping on holiday spirits while crafting a festive gingerbread house with a decorating pro! RSVP here.
- Saturday, Dec. 17, 1 to 3 p.m.: Gingerbread House Crafting (Kids) – Decorate a festive Gingerbread house that Santa would surely want to live in. Enjoy Dots Cupcakes while creating Santa’s dream home. RSVP here.
- Sunday, Dec. 18, 1 to 3 p.m.: Santa Snacks & Stories (Kids) – Dash your way over to One Colorado and enjoy a special festive treat and holiday stories from Santa. RSVP here.
- Monday, Dec. 19, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: Holiday Cocktail Workshop (21+) – Learn how to mix (and enjoy) three festive cocktails with Sage Vegan Bistro and Brewery for your next holiday party. Take home recipe cards, a cocktail shaker, and Sage’s famous peppermint hot chocolate mix! Purchase tickets here.
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 4 to 6 p.m.: Holiday Ornament Decorating (Kids) – Tis the season to decorate! Craft a holiday ornament that will be ready to hang on your tree. RSVP here.
- Wednesday, Dec. 21, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.: Holiday Cookie Decorating (All Ages) – Sugar and spice but cookies are nice! Get into the holiday spirit and decorate festive holiday sugar cookies. A cookie decorating pro will be on hand to assist with tips and tricks! RSVP here.
“We look forward to celebrating with the community and helping those in need this holiday season,” Lopez continued. “Our guests can practice their gift wrapping, make popcorn garlands, craft holiday cocktails, and listen to a holiday story from Santa. There is something for everyone at One Colorado during the holidays and throughout the year!”
In the last year, brands including Aesop, Alfred Coffee, Allbirds, Industrious, Kreation, Parachute, Rothy’s and Skin Laundry have joined the lineup of stores and dining options at One Colorado.
For more information, visit https://onecolorado.com/events.