Pasadena’s much-loved annual event, the Pasadena Festival of Women Authors, will resume in-person on Saturday March 19, 2022 at the Pasadena Convention Center. The planned move of this historically sold out event to a larger venue has been delayed for two years. Enthusiastic readers are looking forward to an inspiring experience with acclaimed women authors.
The 2022 festival will feature Dana Spiotta, author of Wayward and Stone Araibia, along with 6 other acclaimed writers – Hala Alyan, Nadia Hashimi, Katherine Heiny, Torrey Peters, Joanne Tompkins, and Monica West. The authors will share their personal life stories and the journey that brought them to their work. They will mingle with the attendees, sign books, and answer questions. Luncheon will be served.
The Pasadena Festival of Women Authors raises money for literary programs. From its inception in 2009, it has awarded grants for more than $400,000 to community non-profit orgaizations. The 2021 grantees were:
• Pasadena City College: Writer-in-Residence & Summer Creative Writing Academy
• Pasadena Public Library: One City, One Story program
• Pasadena Senior Center: Masters in Learning Series
• PEN Center Los Angeles: You are a Writer workshops
• WriteGirl: Creative writing workshops and mentoring for high school girls
Reserved seating Patron tickets and tables of 10, which are $1,500, are on sale now on the festival website. Individual $100 open seating tickets will be available for purchase on the website on January 15, 2022.