Published : Monday, November 18, 2019 | 12:44 PM
The Eliot Library is always looking to improve the resources that it provides to students. Additionally… “student requests are important to us”. Many of the books listed below have been requested by Eliot students because they want to be able to check them out from the library.
If you are interested in donating to the Eliot Library, we are looking for the following:
• Complete puzzles of around 500-1000 pieces.
• Board games that can be completed within 20 minutes (Mancala, Chess, Checkers, Connect 4, Jenga, Boggle, Bananagrams, Left, Center, Right, playing cards, Dominos).
• Keeper of the Lost Cities series
• Dragonball Series
• My Hero Academia series
• Stories for Halloween Night
• Scary Stories series
• Elemental Magic series
• Miss Peregrine’s series
• Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series
• Naruto Book Series, Set One & Set Two
• Invader Zim Series Books 1-6
• Manga books
• Graphic Novels
• Superhero/comic books
According to the nonprofit Reading Is Fundamental, one of the best ways to develop children’s literacy is to encourage kids to read at home, to promote children’s literacy and bring as much books for kids to read.
Charles W. Eliot Arts Academy, 2184 North Lake Avenue, Altadena, (626) 396-5680 ext. 70001 or visit www.pusd.us/domain/26.