The City Council on Monday voted to appropriate $11,322,043 on various contracts as part of Monday’s consent calendar.
The calendar included a $133,436 contract for the La Pintoresca Park Renovation project. Several of the park amenities have reached the end of their useful life. The skate park and basketball court were previously renovated in 2008 and the splash pad was installed in 2005. Over their service life, these facilities were greatly utilized and eventually worn to the point where renovation and/or replacement is necessary. To promote the usage of the playground during hot weather, a shade structure covering the play elements will also be installed. Furthennore, LED lighting will be installed to enhance the existing lighting at the skate park and the basketball court. and the interior of the existing park restrooms remodeled.
The City Council also recognized revenue and appropriate $1,756,732 to the fiscal year 2021 operating budget for the acceptance of workforce development grant funds and the approval of a contract amendment to provide individual training account services.
All of the items were approved by one majority vote.
Here are the other items on Monday’s consent calendar agenda.
- The City Manager is authorized to enter into a contract with All Star Fire Equipment to provide self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) equipment and servicing for $625,000.
The yes vote amends contracts with Oracle and Watersmart to continue offering behavioral energy and water efficiency and customer engagement programs for up to 36 months. The Oracle America, Inc., contract increases to $3,690,000.
- The WaterSmart contract increases to a new total not-to-exceed amount of $414,300 in order to continue offering the WaterSmart home water reports and customer engagement program.
- The City Council also voted to authorize the City Manager to execute a community development block grant program reimbursement agreement with the Pasadena Community Foundation, not-to-exceed $425,000 to administer the Emergency Business Grant Program.
- City Manager Steve Mermell is now authorized to enter into a contract for professional or unique services, with Energy Services for labor and materials to install a new water injection skid for Gas Turbine (“GT”) 1 and emergency DC power system in an amount not-to-exceed $310,863.
- Staff recommended the City Council accept and approve the annual update of the Wildfire Mitigation plan for 2021 for the Water and Power Department (“PWP”) as an approved operating manual to mitigate the utility’s risk of causing a catastrophic wildfire.
- The City Manager can enter into a five year contract not to exceed $437,750 with Affordable Generator Services, Inc., (AGS) for Generator Maintenance and Repair.
- A three-year $302,034 contract with two optional extensions of one year or $100,678 each with S.D. Myers LLC for preventative maintenance of liquid filled electrical equipment in an amount not-to-exceed $302,034.
- The City Manager is authorized to accept Creative Home dba CHI Construction $2,358,422 bid for water main installations.
- The City Manager is authorized to enter into a $125,000 grant agreement with the American Public Power Association. The contract also designates City Manager Steve Mermell, or his designee, as the authorized representative with signature authority for the grant agreement and all contract documents pursuant to the grant.
- The City Council also authorized an application in the amount of $302,105 in response to the Notice of Funding Availability (“NOFA”) issued by the State of California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency to receive Homeless Housing, Assistance and Prevention Round 2 funding for eligible programs and activities that serve people experiencing homelessness.
- The quarterly investment report for the quarter ending Sept. 30 was submitted for informational purposes.
- The vote approved the scheduled rate increases effective February 1, 2021 for the Grandstand Permit Application, the Rose Bowl Admission Tax, and for the New Year’s Day Related Business Grandstand Seat Surcharge