Pasadena Unified’s Eliot Middle School Showcases New Arts Magnet
Charles W. Eliot Middle School in the Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) invites the community to join students and their families for “Harmony,” a multimedia array of arts installations and performances from Eliot’s concert and jazz bands, orchestra, dance and drama students, and visual artists. “Harmony,” will take place in the school cafeteria from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 18, 2013.
Eliot Middle School is undergoing a renaissance as a visual and performing arts magnet, one of four PUSD schools benefiting from a $7.9 million three-year federal magnet grant. Families from across the district can apply to attend Eliot in the 2014-2015 school year through PUSD’s open enrollment process at openenrollment.info from January 9- February 6, 2014. Information will be available at the event for prospective students and their families to learn about the new offerings at Eliot.
The festivities kick off with a LEARNS after school program at 5:00 p.m. in the parent room near the front of the school. At 6:00 p.m. attendees are invited to the cafeteria to:
• Check out the work Eliot students are doing in their arts electives – and the way the arts are being integrated throughout the school’s core courses
• Meet Eliot’s Arts partners, including the Music Center, Art Center College of Design, Lineage Dance, and the Huntington Library, Art Collections & Botanical Gardens
• Experience live performances, demonstrations and audience participation
• Learn about plans for the school’s new state-of-the-art auditorium, soon to be Altadena’s largest performance venue and a magnet for student, community and professional performers
• Enjoy refreshments provided by the Eliot Middle School PTA
For more information about the new magnet program at Eliot and the student admissions process, visit eliot.pasadenausd.org or call (626) 396-5680.
Eliot Middles School is located at 2184 N. Lake Avenue, Altadena.