Latest Guides

Public Safety

5 Residents Displaced After Faulty Wiring Causes Attic Fire Wednesday Night

Published on Thursday, October 15, 2020 | 6:24 am
 
Pasadena Fire Department engine and hook-and-ladder at the scene of a Wednesday night attic fire that displaced five residents. (Photo courtesy Pasadena Fire Dept.)

Pasadena and San Marino Fire Department firefighters were called to the scene of an attic fire in a home in the 700 block of East Orange Grove Boulevard Wednesday night that damaged two units and displaced five people, according to fire officials.

The 11:19 p.m. blaze was quickly knocked down. There were no injuries.

Authorities said the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring in the attic.

The families of each unit were issued a $250 Supplying Aid to Victims of Emergency (SAVE) gift card to provide immediate short term support in the aftermath of the fire, they said.

Pasadena Police units assisted with traffic control. Pasadena Power and the Southern California Gas Company were called to the scene to assist with securing the utilities during the incident, according to fire officials.

Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.

Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m.

Make a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *