Tender Greens, a contemporary cafeteria-style restaurant that normally is a daytime favorite with businesspeople and shoppers in downtown Pasadena, is now offering customers curated Grocery Boxes and individual grocery items in response to the new coronavirus.
Tender Greens serves salads, bowls, sandwiches and soups, and is offering produce, dairy, bread, toilet paper, alcohol and other items for pick-up and delivery through Postmates, Doordash, Caviar and UberEats.
“Since launching two weekends ago, the boxes already make up 25- to 30-percent of Tender Greens’ business in this current climate, speaking to the need for such services amid the pandemic,” a Tender Greens statement said.
All produce and products in the Tender Greens Grocery Boxes are sourced from local farmers and purveyors, in keeping with the chain’s mission of sustainability and community at the forefront, the statement said.
Tender Greens’ main partner is Scarborough Farms in Calabasas, a family-run farm that uses small-scale farming methods to ensure products have a longer shelf-life.
Options for Grocery Box include:
- Indoor Picnic Box ($65): cabernet sauvignon, rosé, sauvignon blanc, grapes, crackers, baguette, salami, gouda, brie, cornichon, preserves, mustard and olive oil.
- Morning Baking Box ($40): eggs, coffee, 2% milk, flour, white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and baking soda.
- Farm Fresh Box ($40): spinach, arugula, romaine hearts, freckled romaine, little gem lettuce, orange carrots, red beets, salad mix, frisee, butter lettuce, red butter lettuce and green pea shoots.
- Fruit Box ($30): Fuji apples, navel oranges, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, lemon, banana, grapes and toilet paper.
- Veggie Box ($25): Yukon potatoes, yellow onion, carrot, celery, garlic, asparagus, sweet potato, ginger, turmeric, parsley, cilantro, Roma tomatoes and toilet paper.
- Pantry Box ($40): bread, pasta, salami, tomato sauce, cheese pecorino, yellow onion, grain, garlic, a bottle of wine and toilet paper.
In addition to the curated boxes, several items are also available to purchase on their own, including:
- Quarts of tomato or chicken soup
- Quarts of rice or mashed potatoes
- 16 oz containers of Tender Greens’ signature salad dressings
- Sourdough loaf
- Raw whole chicken and chicken breasts
- Raw/cooked steak
- Cooked S&P chicken
- Cooked chipotle chicken
For more information, visit www.tendergreens.com. Tender Greens is located at 621 E. Colorado Blvd.